Creating your own website when you have little to no experience can be quite overwhelming. It can be difficult to know where to start and that’s exactly why I’m going to share these five tips to make your first time building a website a lot easier.
- Buy your domain name. There are various ‘host’ websites online that you can buy domain names from. Make it as simple and easy to remember as possible, and as representative of your business as possible. This most likely will be the name of your brand. If possible try to end it with .com, if not, .co.uk, or .org would be good.
- Decide who is going to host your website. There are various sites for beginners and some that are more advanced.
- Buy a template rather than building it from scratch. Using a template to design your website is a lot simpler and it will take the worry of whether it is user friendly or not, off your shoulders.
- If you really want to save time and have a website that looks as professional as possible, I highly recommend looking up Web Design Gloucester. Local web design company, Absolute Creative Marketing, would be able to help you have a fast, and user-friendly website.
- Lastly, I recommend using your website to build a customer database using a subscription box or landing page. Using a web design company can help you set this up as it can be quite complicated.
To summarise, the basics of building a website, such as buying a domain name, can be done alone, but using a web design company can really help guarantee that you’ll have the professional website that you want.